A Girl Like Me: Color is more than skin deep for young African-American women struggling to define themselves.
ATTN: Teen girls of color in NYC!
Our amazing partners at Girls for Gender Equity are looking for Youth Organizers for their Sisters in Strength Program. SIS is a two-year paid internship program for girls entering 10th and 11th grade that focuses on community organizing around gender-based violence and confronts the multiple layers of individual and institutional discrimination that threaten the safety of girls and women. We’re so proud to be a partner and supporter of GGE, and we highly highly highly recommend that you apply for this opportunity if you’re eligible!
Just four days left to get your applications in to join the SPARKteam! Perks include:
- Being part of a totally rad and amazing group of girls & women working to change the world and getting results.
- Amazing opportunities—our SPARKteam members have been interviewed on radio, television & in print; spoken at international conferences; and met with execs at major companies to talk about making media a better place for girls of all stripes.
- Getting paid to write.
- Having your writing published on our website & in our extensive network (including outlets like HuffPo)
- Hanging out with your fellow teammates for an intensive activist & media training in Vermont in July (all expenses paid!)
- And MORE but I can’t tell you all the secrets!
Click through for requirements, deetz, & how to apply. Right now we’re especially looking for high school girls, girls of color, & lgbtq girls (we mean all of those letters—trans* girls are welcome & encouraged to apply!) in order to make sure our movement is truly encompassing the experiences, needs, & desires of all girls, but we welcome applications from all girls & young women 13-22. Apps are due June 4th!