Circle of 6 is an iPhone app for college-aged students and their friends to stay close, stay safe, and prevent violence before it happens.
We believe that staying connected to a small group of people is critical to keeping you and your friends informed and safe. Circle of 6 is a mobile app that makes it quick and easy to reach your circle and let them know where you are, and what you need. It’s a fast, easy-to-use and secure way to look out for each other.
The design is simple. It takes two touches to get help, so no fumbling or digging around for the right number. We use icons to represent actions, so that no one can tell what you’re up if they see your phone. The design ensures safety, speed and privacy. GPS is integrated (using Google maps), and is only activated by you, and sent to your own Circle of 6.
Publicly we ask that everyone take the pledge to stop violence before it happens. This via a Facebook page to engage large numbers of young adults 18-24 in advocating for safer campuses and relationships without violence. Privately, we ask that you look out for each other by downloading the Circle of 6 app and supporting your friends.
The app is a proto-prototype, currently working on iPhones. In the next iteration, we will expand programming to work on multiple devices and operating systems (Droids, Blackberries, etc), and will conduct usability testing.
The gallery of images is a storyboard of how the app works. Each user downloads the app and adds 5 contacts from their address book, creating a Circle of 6 supporters. There are 3 situations where SMS notifications are sent to your circle of 6, and one emergency where the Love is Not Abuse hotline is called automatically.
19 Notes/ Hide
- farfromtheheart reblogged this from sparkamovement
- southernpresbyter likes this
- beautyandthebeast reblogged this from sparkamovement
- beautyandthebeast likes this
- captainsunbeam likes this
- thefactswehate likes this
- katerwarren likes this
- telepathicaffair reblogged this from sparkamovement
- meredithbklyn reblogged this from hobroken
- thebronzemedal likes this
- paradisejessica reblogged this from hobroken
- fatmanatee likes this
- hobroken reblogged this from sparkamovement
- hobroken likes this
- fartinscorsexy likes this